Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall in Calgary

I hope to post some photos soon!

I had a great walk with Barke down to Kensington tonight. I was going to go to a Schawarma place for dinner but it was too busy and I'd have had no where to sit. So I retraced my steps 3 blocks and ended up on the OJ's patio. Had a great steak sand, two beers, and tied Barke up outside. He snarled at two dogs that went by, he always has that issue when tied up. But otherwise, he made at least 10 new people friends. Everyone always loves him.

Was nice to relax and enjoy one of our last summer evenings, if you can call them that. I had my netbook and did some anagramming. We have our Western Canadian tournament coming up, and it's about 5 days of Scrabble. I've now got three modes for studying words

New Words
Review
Tournament Prep

The new words are just that, new words based on my own priority system. The review is a randomized selection of words that are due to be studied again. The randomization is important so you don't feel you're doing the same ones over and over. And the tournament prep focuses only on the important words I need to know, that are due for review. After years of studying, this seems to be the best breakdown. I'll focus on tournament prep for the WCSC.

I've been obsessing too much about Eternity II lately, but really loving it. Have some new ideas to try out tonight. It's been nice talking to fellow enthusiasts on the yahoo newsgroup lately.

Christine is out in New York, and I've been making the most of my free time - Reading Simple Chess, doing excellent daily and weekly chess problems at shredder.com and lots of work at EII
Not to mention lots of scrabble study still.

Here's a daily puzzle sample

Juraj

No comments:

Post a Comment